Have you ever encountered an issue where the video someone shared on Youtube is not available for your region? This can be extremely annoying. Luckily, we have experienced this ourselves, and we have decided to teach folks how to watch blocked Youtube videos with ease.
Unblocking or removing restrictions on YouTube is very easy to do. In fact, we have added a difficulty rating just in case you want to try a solution or two. Ready to get your hands dirty? We know we are!
Related: How To Block YouTube On Chromebook
How to Watch Blocked YouTube Videos
In this guide, we’re going to talk about three different approaches to watching region-blocked content on YouTube (and even on other sites). Do take note that some options are straightforward while others need a bit of tinkering – your mileage may vary (YMMV).
Option 1: Link Editing
Link-editing is by far the cheapest method when learning how to watch blocked YouTube videos. Here’s how to get it done:
For Age-Restricted Content
- Find websites with embedded Youtube links. Verify if you receive an error message such as “Video isn’t available in your country/region” or “Sign in to confirm your age” Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvZ6nB3cl1w
- Copy the link and add NSFW after “www.” For example, https://www.nsfwyoutube.com/watch?v=wvZ6nB3cl1w. Hit enter, and you should see this window below:
- If you do not see the video on the website, be sure to click on the link above. It should look like this:
For Region-Based Lock
- Find region-blocked videos that you want to try out. In our case, let’s use “https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6udJqygTuTo” as a reference.
- Pay attention to the URL. To learn how to watch blocked Youtube videos, you just need to edit “watch?v” into “/v/” so your link should look like this “https://www.youtube.com/v/6udJqygTuTo”
While it’s not 100% effective, as you may encounter error messages now and then, the important point here is that you’ll get what you paid for… and in this case, it’s free.
Option 2: External websites and Apps
If link-edit fails, your next best solution would be to use external websites and apps to watch your content. At the moment, you can either watch the video using their website (expect a ton of ads), or you can download the videos using their tool.
For Downloading YouTube videos
- Grab the URL of the video you want to download. For reference, let’s use this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG_ESa_8-zQ
- Go to YT1s.com and use their free online conversion tool. Simply paste the URL in the box and hit Convert.
- The conversion process may take some time, especially when converting long videos.
Learning how to watch blocked Youtube videos is unnecessary when you use this method, as the downloader will pretty much convert it for you. Use this method if data cap isn’t an issue with you.
You can also try:
YTD Video Downloader & Video Converter
If you prefer doing it on your desktop instead of a browser, then YTD is what you need. This program will download and convert the video with just a click of a button. Installation is also a breeze! Just start the setup and follow the on-screen instructions, and you’re good to go.
NOTE: YTD Downloader & Video Converter is available for free. Users can also opt to upgrade to the Pro version for more features.
For Watching Online
If you’re watching content usually on a desktop or laptop computer, Hooktube is a useful site to unblock restricted Youtube videos. It’s very simple to use. Refer to the instructions listed below:
For Android Users
Android users, rejoice! Say goodbye to YouTube restrictions with NewPipe! Created as a lightweight version of Youtube for Android, it just so happened that it’s also capable of unrestricted access to region-locked content.
The only catch is that you can’t download this on the Play Store. In other words, you will have to tinker with your device so that you can download and install apps outside Google’s ecosystem.
Option 3: Virtual Private Network (VPN)
The best method to use when learning how to watch blocked Youtube videos is by using a VPN. The primary use of VPNs is to encrypt your data and make your online presence more secure. The bonus of this program is the ability to switch regions all over the globe.
Finding a suitable VPN for your needs shouldn’t be a problem considering that there are hundreds to choose from online. Here are some of our recommendations.
- Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee
- Easy to use
- Can also unlock Netflix, Hulu, etc…
- Competitive pricing, especially for annual subscriptions
- Easy to use
- Great for unblocking multiple restricted videos
- Lowest pricing in the market for 24-month subscriptions
- Easy to use
- Has access to different servers worldwide
It can be quite annoying when you’re trying to watch something that is region-blocked. We hope you learned how to watch blocked Youtube videos using the methods we have listed above. Be sure to share the knowledge and say goodbye to geo-restrictions.
If you’re looking for more tips and tricks, be sure to check out how-to guides available on the website.