Printers are pretty much a staple product that every household should have. Now that working from home is the new normal, it’s not surprising to see people looking for good printers compatible with Chromebooks.
If you’re one of the people with this dilemma, then we’ve got you covered. In this buyer’s guide, we’re going to cover different printers that we highly recommend. These products come with various features and price points. This way, you can be sure that you’re going to get your money’s worth. It’s time to look at your options.
Printers Compatible with Chromebooks
When it comes to printers compatible with Chromebooks, there’s one thing you need to know: if you have an old printer collecting dust, there’s a chance that it can work on your Chromebook. Be sure to give that a shot if you want to save on cash.
Check this link out to know more about your Chromebook’s compatibility.
Disclaimer: Most of our recommendations are focused on all-in-one printers to ensure compatibility, versatility and practicality. Most households use different devices with different operating systems. One way of solving this bottleneck is by getting Wi-Fi or All-in-One printers.
Brother MFC-J491DW Wireless All-in-One Printer
- Simple to connect: Choose from built in wireless or connect locally to a single PC or Mac via USB interface. MFCJ491DW offers easy to set up wireless networking
- Mobile printing: Print wirelessly from mobile devices(1) using Air Print, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint & Scan, Mopria and Wi Fi Direct
- Cloud connectivity: Scan to popular Cloud services directly from the printer including Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, One Drive and more(2)
- Versatile paper handling: Automatic document feeder and up to 100 sheet capacity paper tray for letter/legal size paper for flexible printing
- For use with brother genuine inks: LC3011BK, LC3011C, LC3011M, LC3011Y, LC3013BK, LC3013C, LC3013M, LC3013Y
About Brother MFC-J491DW
The Brother MFC-J491DW is a remarkable all-in-one printer that comes with all the creature features that most consumers are aware of: USB and wireless connectivity, mobile printing at a very reasonable price point.
- Well-reputable brand
- USB and Wireless capabilities
- Cloud services offered
- Maintenance mode consumes ink
- Printer won’t print if one color cartridge is empty
- USB-B port might not be seen right away
Brother is a printer brand that doesn’t need a lot of advertising. It’s a reputable brand that plenty of consumers know about. What sets this printer apart, though, is its ability to connect directly to their cloud service to make printing much easier regardless of the platform you’re using.
Do take note that printers compatible with Chromebooks rely on wireless or USB connectivity. If you need that versatility for your workspace or home, and you’re on a budget, this is a great buy… as long as you can leave with the cons, that is.
Canon TS302 Wireless Inkjet Printer
- Scan and copy documents with smartphone copy using the Canon Print app
- With AIRPRINTTM, its easy to print right from your iPhone, iPad and Mac
About Canon TS302 Wireless Inkjet Printer
The Canon TS302 Wireless Inkjet Printer is a revolutionary printer that can scan and copy documents right from your smartphone or laptop with ease. Powered by AirPrint1, combined with a robust app, you can expect a seamless printing experience with your Chromebook, Windows laptop, or even smartphones without a hitch.
- Comes with AirPrint technology (AIRPRINT™) for seamless printing experience
- Print directly from your smartphone or Chromebook wirelessly
- Quality Printer with reliable features
- The model is a little dated (Released in 2017)
- Lacklustre features for price point
- Quite pricey for simple functions
It might sound foolish to consider a 4-year-old device as a home printer, but there’s a reason Canon TS302 is still being sold today – reliability. One of its key features is being able to use your smartphone or laptop to scan images. However, if you’re looking for a physical scanner, look elsewhere.
Simply put, if printers compatible with Chromebooks are all you’re after, then this is one of the best options worth considering. The print quality it can provide is more than enough to warrant a purchase.
HP ENVY Pro 6455 Wireless All-in-One Printer
- Simple multitasking for home: Print, scan, and copy versatility, automatic two-sided printing, borderless photos, a hands-free 35-page automatic document feeder, and mobile fax with a printer made with 20% recycled plastic
- Ink delivered to your home: Get your first 2 months free when you enroll in HP Instant Ink (optional) during printer set up; plans starting at 0.99 dollar per month after the trial period, shipping and recycling included
- Mobile setup with required HP Smart app: Fast and easy printer setup that guides you, step by step; simply download the HP Smart app, connect to Wi-Fi, and share the inkjet printer across all your devices
- Better-than-ever connectivity: Ensure your family stays connected with self-healing Wi-Fi
- Print and scan from virtually anywhere: With the HP Smart app, everyone in the family can print, scan, and copy with their smartphone, and share documents to third-party software like Dropbox and Google Drive
About HP ENVY Pro 6455
With HP Envy Pro 6455, you can simplify all your printing needs with one reliable device. This all-in-one printer is perfect for families who are using different operating systems. Running this on your Chromebook shouldn’t be difficult especially if you are in the same Wi-Fi network.
- Compatibility across multiple platforms
- Packed with features (Bluetooth, Dual-band Wi-Fi, two-sided printing, etc.)
- Reasonable price tag
- HP Smart Wi-Fi may be inconsistent from time to time
- Regular fax requires landline to operate
- No USB Port
Finding a good all-in-one printer like the HP ENVY Pro 6455 used to be a challenge half a decade ago. Today, these devices are available a dime, a dozen. What sets this apart is the quality of the prints and its accessibility across multiple devices.
While the biggest downside is the absence of a USB port (bummer for desktop users), the good news is you can still use it as a network printer.
Canon PIXMA TR4520 Wireless All-in-One Printer
- With wireless connect and the Canon Print app, use your smartphone to quickly and easily set up your printer and print right from your smartphone or tablet
- With features like AirPrint, Mopria Print Service, auto power On/Off, a built in ADF, and Wi-Fi it's easy to see why Pixma printers are so simple to use
- Connectivity technology: USB. Printer technology: Inkjet
- Save 10 percentage on all ink reorders with Dash Replenishment; Upon activation your printer measures ink levels and places smart reorders when you are running low; No subscription fees; Cancel anytime
- WORKS WITH ALEXA: Ask Alexa to print your shopping list, to-do list, crosswords, coloring pages, and more; To set up, say “Alexa, discover my printer;” Alexa can also detect when ink or toner is running low and orders more when you need it. Save 10 percentage on all ink or toner smart reorders; Restrictions may apply
About Canon PIXMA TR4520
One of the best printers compatible with Chromebooks is the Canon PIXMA TR4520, an all-in-one legend. This printer comes with a feature-rich app that extends its usability beyond its hardware capabilities.
- Great app compatibility
- Packed with useful features
- Inexpensive but quality printer
- Not suitable for disc label printing
- Limited paper size compatibility
- Uses Full Dot Matrix LCD compared to higher models
It’s usually difficult to recommend printers below the $100 tagline, but we’ve made an exception for the Canon PIXMA TR4520 simply because it does the job quite well, it comes with great features and most importantly, printing stuff from your Chromebook is such a breeze!
If we’re being nitpicky, then we really don’t like the limitations of paper sizes and the LCD display. Then again, for the money you’ve spent, it’s safe to say that you’ll get your money’s worth on this printer… plus more.
See also: Looking to buy a new Chromebook for multimedia needs? Check out Best Chromebooks For Watching Movies.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8035 All-in-One Wireless Printer
- Upgrade your office – Replacing the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978, this home office printer offers faster printing at 20 pages per minute, includes fax and scan-to-USB capabilities, and is 14% smaller
- Eight months of ink, delivered – This wireless printer comes with a code to redeem 8 months of Instant Ink based on printing 100 pages/month, so you can save on ink and get it delivered to your door
- Organize documents 50% faster – Eliminate steps in repetitive tasks and sync to QuickBooks, Google Drive, and more using Smart Tasks—the easiest way to digitize and organize receipts and business documents on your phone
- Print remotely using HP Smart app – Access your printer and scanner, monitor ink levels, and print, copy, and scan on the go with our highly-rated HP Smart app
- Self-healing WI-FI – Ensures you stay connected by detecting issues and automatically undergoing up to 3 stages of reconnection to keep your Wi-Fi stable and reliable
About HP OfficeJet Pro 8035
Turn your home into a powerful home office with the HP OfficeJet Pro 8035. This powerful all-in-one printer was based on the OfficeJet Pro 6978, which was known for its reliability and durability. It comes with 8 months of ink; it runs perfectly with HP Smart app and it’s packed with security features.
- Based on the legendary OfficeJet Pro 6978
- Comes with 8-month supply of ink
- Sync with QuickBooks, Google Drive and more
- Printing speed may be slower compared to other models in the price point
- Occasional paper-jams experienced by customers
- Not real duplex to duplex printer
At close to $200, this is by far the most feature-rich printer on our list – and for a good reason. Despite the hefty price tag, the amount of goodies you will get is more than enough to compensate for y our investment.
If you’re looking for printers compatible with Chromebooks, that can also do every job consistently (except for printing on both sides), then you’re really going to enjoy what the OfficeJet Pro 8035 can do for your day-to-day printing needs.
- Best Chromebooks for Remote Work
- Best Chromebooks For Homeschooling
- 10 Best Chromebooks For Kids
- 5 Best Free Video Editors for Chromebook
It can be quite challenging to find printers compatible with Chromebooks, especially when you consider hundreds of different options available on the internet. We’re hoping that we were able to provide enough information to help you thin out your options.
Our only advice when picking out a good printer for your household is to choose a device that you and your family can benefit from. Multi-platform support is very much the norm; and if you pick any of our recommendations, then you’ve already won half the battle.
Last update on 2021-04-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API