The Amazon Fire TV is a device where it can connect to an HD TV or any screen that you would want that can support the device. It allows you to stream your movies, TV shows, and any other videos on your TV instead of your small phone.
There are two components of the Amazon Fire TV, and they are the USB stick that you plug on the TV and the Firestick Remote. There are times when you need to know how to pair Firestick Remote on your TV to get the ball rolling.
Steps in pairing up your Firestick Remote to the TV
- First, make sure that your TV is on, and your Amazon Fire TV is energized.
- Plug the Fire TV USB at the back of your TV where the HDMI is located. It doesn’t have to be, but it can be a screen as long as it has an HDMI port.
- You can now press on the button on your TV remote where you can access the HDMI port so that you can see the HUD of the Amazon Fire TV.
- We now head to where you can pair your Firestick Remote. If you’re lucky, you’re remote will automatically work when accessing the Fire TV.
- If it doesn’t sync yet, you can how to pair Firestick Remote with this step. All you need to do is to hold the Home button on your Fire TV remote. The button is the one above on the image.
- You need to hold the Home button first for around 5 to 10 seconds. If that doesn’t work, you just increase the holding time. The longest that you have to hold it for would be around 20 seconds, and you’ll be good to go.
If the problem still persists
- Normally, holding the Home button can fix everything. If you hold it for 20 seconds and nothing happens, you need to keep doing it again and again, and it will eventually work.
- You can also check the batteries that you have on your Firestick Remote. The batteries could be placed backward, or you probably need new batteries.
- If you have another Firestick remote, then that can be ideal as well. You can test it until it pairs with the Fire TV. That way, you can find out if the previous remote has the problems or the batteries.
The problem as to why the Firestick Remote won’t sync right away is because it does need to be adjusted so to speak. You wait for the Home Button to work. You can also check the batteries, or just get another remote and you’ll be good to go.