In today’s tech trend, going wireless is the way of life. Whenever we buy new stuff, we tend to make sure if it’s Bluetooth capable – this also applies to Chromebooks. We often hear the question, does Chromebook have Bluetooth capability? The greater majority of them do.
It’s safe to say that Chromebooks that have been purchased in the last five years are usually equipped with advanced features. However, if you’re unsure about Bluetooth compatibility, then read more down below to find out.
Chromebook Bluetooth Capabilities
With the power of Bluetooth, your Chromebook can become a portable workstation and entertainment area. The majority of Bluetooth devices will have no problems pairing with your device.
But remember, your mileage may vary (YMMV) especially when considering the various Chromebook models. Most Chromebooks are compatible with:
- Wireless Keyboards
- Wireless Mice
- Wireless Speakers
- Wireless Headphones
- Wireless Earbuds
- Wireless Printers
Also see: Best Chromebook under $300
Bluetooth not working?
First off, we should figure out if there’s Bluetooth capability on your Chromebook. The easiest way of checking this out is via the lower-right part of the screen. Click on the clock and you should see more options. If you can see a Bluetooth icon, then you have one. If not,
When troubleshooting Bluetooth problems, the most common step that most users should make is toggling Bluetooth On/Off. According to Google, here’s the proper way of doing it:
Click on the time at the lower right portion of the screen. You should see a pop-up
Select Bluetooth and tap turn off
Restart your Chromebook and turn on Bluetooth. See if it fixes the issue.
What if Bluetooth isn’t recognized by Chrome OS?
Check your Chromebook for System Updates. If there are pending updates, download and install them.
Go to Bluetooth Icon and turn off Bluetooth
Turn off the computer and reboot
Turn on Bluetooth and attempt to pair a device.
If pairing is successful, then your issue might have been caused by bad drivers. If you’re still encountering issues, we highly recommend contacting the Chromebook manufacturer or Bluetooth device manufacturer for additional support.
Amazon finds for Bluetooth devices for your Chromebook
Does Chromebook have Bluetooth devices that we can benefit from? We believe that there are. Let’s check out how to turn your simple setup into something more suitable, shall we?
Logitech Pebble M350 Wireless Mouse
- Modern, slim and beautiful pebble shape - Logitech pebble has stand-out simplicity with a design that is nice to hold, feels great in your hand and is easy to carry around.
- Silent clicks and ultra-quiet scrolling - enjoy the same click feel with over 90% noise reduction on the click sound.
- Dual connectivity - connect the way you like via Bluetooth wireless technology or via the included tiny USB receiver.
- Long battery life - Logitech pebble stays powered for up to 18 months on a single AA battery. battery life may vary based on user and computing conditions.
- High-precision Optical tracking - Logitech pebble tracks Fast and accurately where you want to use it.
Does Chromebook have Bluetooth mouse support? Absolutely! The Pebble M350 is a lightweight and portable wireless mouse that can be paired via Bluetooth. It is one of the best entry-level mice for productivity, as it’s very minimalistic and ergonomic despite the size and shape.
Logitech K580 Slim Wireless Keyboard
- Chrome OS edition keyboard with Google Assistant, search, launcher and media keys for easy access
- The slim profile and modern minimalist design transforms your keyboard into a visual statement that will elevate your desk setup
- Easy Switch lets you pair and quickly alternate between multiple devices, so you can type on your computer and your phone or tablet seamlessly
- Slim keys offer a fluid, laptop-like comfortable typing experience that’s whisper-quiet. Number pad and 15 FN keys available for easy data inputs and shortcuts
- Enjoy long battery life thanks to an auto-sleep feature that kicks in when you’re not typing — plus a strong, reliable wireless range up to 10m through Bluetooth or the included 2.4GHz USB receiver
If you’re looking for a full-sized keyboard experience while maintaining wireless freedom, then the Logitech K580 is perfect for you. It has a slim profile in a lightweight, yet durable chassis. It may not have the mechanical switch feeling, but the overall typing experience isn’t bad considering the price.
JBL Flip 4
- Wirelessly connect up to 2 smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns playing impressive stereo sound
- Built-in 3000mAh rechargeable li-ion battery Supports up to 12 hours of playtime
- Ipx7 waterproof means no more worrying about rain or spills; you can even submerge flip 4 in water
- JBL connect+ allows you to Link more than 100 JBL connect+ enabled speakers together to amplify the party
- Dual external passive radiators demonstrate just how powerful your speaker is
Don’t let its size deceive you, JBL Flip 4 is one tiny beast. This waterproof speaker can be paired via Bluetooth or aux cable. Available in different colors, if you’re looking for portable speakers with a very decent soundstage, this is the best investment you can make compared to trashy Chromebook speakers.
HP OfficeJet 200
- Main functions of this HP color portable printer: easy portable printing wherever you need it, wireless print from your laptop or mobile devices, 2" display and more
- Mobile printing: print from anywhere using your smartphone or tablet with the free HP ePrint app, print even without a network using Wireless Direct printing. Standard input capacity (envelopes)- Up to 5.Standard input capacity (legal)- Up to 50 . Standard input capacity (cards) - Up to 20. Maximum input capacity (sheets) - Up to 50. Maximum input capacity (transparencies) - Up to 5. Maximum input capacity (cards) - Up to 20. Maximum input capacity (photo paper) - Up to 20. Maximum input capacity (4x6 photo) - Up to 20. Maximum input capacity (labels) - Up to 5
- Easy portable printing wherever you need it. This durable, compact printer fits in your car, backpack, and more, for convenient printing anywhere. Start printing in minutes - HP Auto Wireless Connect makes setup easy
- Reduce charging interruptions with a long-lasting battery. Charge from home, in your car or office, and more. Plug in your AC power source to charge within 90 minutes while the printer is off
- Use Original HP 62 ink & HP 62XL cartridges for great results print after print. Original HP ink prints up to 2x the pages as refilled cartridges
The HP OfficeJet 200 is a great addition to your home. Almost every household needs a printer. However, the OfficeJet 200 is not your typical printer. Apart from having WLAN capability, this can also print documents via Bluetooth. It is compatible with multiple devices and provides true-to-life colors.
Does Chromebook have Bluetooth capabilities that can change the way you use your device? Honestly speaking, having the option to use Bluetooth speakers, keyboards and mice are good enough reasons to be happy with it. Is it perfect? I don’t think so, but it’s more than acceptable.
While being tethered by a wire is still the best form of communication, knowing that your Chromebook can freely pair with multiple Bluetooth devices should always be considered a good thing.
Last update on 2022-01-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API